on Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 | Comments Off on CSFA Legislative Update February 20, 2013 from Ted Schroll, Jr. with House Bill Status Report
Legislative activity is starting to ramp up in the past week. As the committees start to process proposals, more bills are being published. Gov. Malloy presented his budget message on 2/6 which also generated more activity. Public hearings are being scheduled. There will be a public hearing in the Public Safety committee this coming Thursday 2/21. I will attach their agenda to the end of this note.
New Bills published this past week: H.B. #6424, H.B. #6434, S.B. #898, & S.B. #905.
H.B. #5441 was referred to the Labor committee from the P & D committee.
Public hearings this coming week: H.B. #5187 in Transportation on Wed. 2/20,
H.B. #5895 & H.B. #5904 in G.A.E on Wed. 2/20,
H.B. #6160 & S.B. #708 in Public Safety on Thurs. 2/21,
H.B. #6332 in Children on Thurs. 2/21,
H.B. #6334 in Planning & Development on Wed. 2/20,
S.B. #594 in Human Services on Tues. 2/19,
S.B. #823 in Labor on Tues. 2/19.
Public Safety and Security Committee
PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
Thursday, February 21, 2013
10:00 AM in Room 1E of the LOB
I. BILLS FOR REVIEW
1. Proposed S.B. No. 708 AN ACT CONCERNING FIRE RETARDANT PAINTS. (PS)
2. Proposed S.B. No. 709 AN ACT CONCERNING THE SILVER ALERT SYSTEM AND MAINTAINING THE PRIVACY OF A MISSING PERSON’S MEDICAL INFORMATION. (PS)
3. S.B. No. 825 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING PROFESSIONAL BONDSMEN, SURETY BAIL BOND AGENTS AND BAIL ENFORCEMENT AGENTS. (PS)
4. S.B. No. 834 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS COUNCIL. (PS)
5. S.B. No. 856 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. (PS)
6. Proposed H.B. No. 6014 AN ACT CONCERNING THE SAFE USE OF ELECTRONIC DEFENSE WEAPONS. (PS)
7. Proposed H.B. No. 6160 AN ACT REQUIRING WORKING SMOKE AND CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS IN ALL RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS AND PRIVATE DWELLINGS AT THE TIME TITLE IS TRANSFERRED. (PS)
8. H.B. No. 6336 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE TIMING OF TESTS FOR BLOOD ALCOHOL LEVELS IN OPERATING UNDER THE INFLUENCE CASES. (PS)
9. H.B. No. 6373 AN ACT CONCERNING THE POLICING OF INDIAN TRIBAL LAND. (PS)
10. H.B. No. 6374 AN ACT CONCERNING COORDINATED LONG-TERM DISASTER RELIEF AND RECOVERY. (PS)
11. H.B. No. 6375 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING UNIFORM CRIME REPORTS. (PS)
12. H.B. No. 6376 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING CHILD PORNOGRAPHY. (PS)
House Bill Status Report
If anytone needs any further information about a specific bill, do not hesitate to email or call. If anyone wishes to provide any testimony on any specific bill, you can fax that directly to the specific committee or email the text to me, and I will deliver that information to the committee for you.
Ted Schroll Jr., Legislative Representative
Connecticut State Firefighters Association
703 Ridge Road
Wethersfield, CT 06109-2634